I have often said that navigating change can be a lot like traveling across Queens, New York In the following ways:
- you start off knowing the direction where you want to head in but
- direct routes are rare and
- the streets will lead you in unexpected directions that
- don’t make any sense and can
- cause frustration and
- challenge your navigation skills
- One thing is for certain, your trip won’t be boring and
- You can count on having an interesting story to share when you finally arrive
What will help?
- Talk to a local who is familiar with the area and see what direction they point
- Then gather other opinions because like Queens, change is not linear and everyone has their own line of vision
- Don’t be surprised if the information you receive is contradictory or even confusing much like Queens’ overuse of roadways numbered “63rd, The good news is by the time
- You’re done, you’ll know where you should be and where you don’t want to go
Julienne B. Ryan is a humorous speaker and the author of The Learned It in Queens Communications Playbook – Winning Against Digital Distraction.