Coaching & Mentorship
Do I Need A Coach?
Maybe you’re seeking a coach because you’re experiencing communications challenges at work or you would like to be promoted or be considered for leadership roles.
“‘Great personality and high professionalism’ is the phrase that comes to my mind when I think about Julienne Ryan…”
A. Gluz, MPA USE
Senior Account Manager at EDSI
Perhaps you want to change your career direction. Your current profession no longer aligns with who you are, or who you’d like to become. However, you have not fully defined your possibilities.
Then, it’s time to ask yourself
“What is it that I really want?”
“What will give me a sense of purpose?”
Or you’ve been giving your situation a lot of thought but haven’t been able to see a clear path forward or keep repeating old habits. You may only have a gut feeling about your potential change.
You might even have been allowing yourself to engage in negative self-talk using phrases like “I’ll never get hired/promoted,” “I don’t have the correct skills,” or even “I don’t have the right network.”
If any of this sounds right, I can help you grow and evolve. Together, you’ll become empowered to make meaningful changes.
How Does My Coaching Work?
Here is what’s important for you to know: I start where you are. My process is collaborative and all about you telling me your story.
As your coach, I’ll help you learn to craft and appreciate your backstory. That’s what makes you unique. and it’s the base we’ll build from. We’ll figure out your “Why?” so you can identify and achieve your possibilities.
I help you take concrete action by:
- Investing my energies into active listening
- Supporting your goal setting and
- Facilitating six key stages that will empower your desired transformation
STAGE 1 – Building Your Base with Creative Assessment
The exercises in this section establish who you are and what you want to be:
- Impart important clues and data about yourself and help us identify your strengths, gifts, and talents, passions, values as well as your definition of success
- Learn applied storytelling methodologies which is a creative process that will allow you to examine your work history, interests, successes, challenges, and activities with a fresh eye
- Engage your brain in revitalizing and insightful ways
- Develop self-awareness about which attributes and skills are your strengths and gifts
- Pinpoint key areas for further development and exploration
- Enjoy the energizing and fun process of discovery and self-appreciation
STAGE 2 – Exploring Options and Finding your Goals
The exercises in this section will provide you with a road map that will support your ability to:
- Research target areas and opportunities
- Engage in networking conversations and gather insights
- Identify your value proposition
- Measure progress against your goals as you action accountabilities
STAGE 3 – Identifying Challenges and Overcoming Obstacles to Sucess
This stage challenges you to move out of your comfort zone by
- Adjusting our self-perception about where you “fit” and what you are capable of achieving by
- Addressing the unhelpful stories and messages you’re telling yourself
- Empowering you to craft a more productive internal dialogue
- Building your personal story for success
STAGE 4 – Moving Toward Achieving Your Goals
This stage is when your efforts start to bear fruit. You will:
- Recognize opportunities to showcase your skills and abilities.
- Incorporate the applied story work into your marketing and interview process
- Use story vignettes to make your selling points and stay remembered!
- Interview for roles or role-play to position yourself for conversations and prepare presentations
- Engage me as a sounding board so you keep energized and focus
- Identify actions you should take to keep your change process moving forward
STAGE 5 – Achieving Your Goal
This stage is when you start to:
- Identify your best options
- Negotiate for what you need
- Make a decision
- Implement your change
STAGE 6 – Begin Again!
Yes. Once you achieve your goal, there will be no stopping you. I will be available to
- Serve as sounding board and mentor as you take on larger roles and more responsibilities
- Reinstate coaching relationships when you seek to take on new challenges
How do I work?
- I use video conference platforms for coaching sessions.
- In a post-COVID-19 era, I will resume meeting clients in-person when we agree that we will benefit from in-person interactions
- Coaching sessions last one hour long and are pre-scheduled to allow you to prepare for their sessions
- I assign homework designed to help you maximize the learnings from the coaching sessions
- A line of communication is maintained throughout the coaching process
- The frequency of live coaching sessions is determined by the client’s goal and their situation (i.e., upcoming interviews, pending performance reviews, etc.)
How long does the coaching process take?
The process depends on you and the direction you are seeking to take including market factors.
Who is my ideal client?
My ideal client is committed to making a change and to build a partnership of trust and committed action.
I have worked with a diverse pool of clients, culturally, generation-wise, functionally and industry-wise.
What areas do I address?
Professional development, relationship building, communication skills, team development issues and career transition
Why do I Coach?
I love helping people learn to use their stories to help them grow and evolve. Working with clients to identify their gifts and their strengths and championing through their changes and realizing their possibilities is the best type of work.