Look Up! What Did You Say?! The Perils of Communicating (or Not) While Digitally Distracted!
In a working world where professionals pride themselves on their ability to stay connected and multi-task, this presentation reflects on human behaviors in a digital age in a virtual world. Ms. Ryan discusses the impact of what we are doing and not doing, and how changing certain behaviors will pay off. Julienne will share the wisdom she gathered from growing up in Queens, New York City and everything she’s learned afterward in roles which required her to work with people. She will use humor and insight and stories to engage her attendees in listening, learning and fun.
Who Can Benefit
- Managers and Staff Members at any level aiming to communicate effectively
- Anyone who has to talk to humans regularly!
- The science of human behavior
- Case studies
- Fun interactive exercises
Career Development and Transition
- It’s all about your Back Story — Learn how to Incorporative effective business and personal narratives in the interview process
Note: This session can be designed for internal/external candidates and Hiring Managers
- The Importance of Being “the Other”— inclusivity lessons learned at kitchen tables, in schoolyards and on subways and buses – Diversity and Inclusion Learnings shared and presented in a structured, interactive presentation.
- Iggy (Pop) & Me — A speech about meeting life challenges and making important changes
- Making the Leap — What Zip lining in Alaska taught me about working through fears and challenges
- Crossing Bridges — Conquering fears. No actually, it’s about learning to drive while terrified and with staff members in my car!
- Let me tell you what you need to know, Learning what you need to know about giving effective feedback and why it matters
- From Today to ‘Back in the Day’ Managing across Generations and other challenges
- Networking Skills — “What it is and What it isn’t” — Learn this essential skill for business and professional growth
- When Do I Get To Speak & When Do You Get to Listen? What You Need To Know As An Extrovert or Introvert In Interviewing and Networking Situations!